Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Get More Clients Than You Can Handle!

OK, I have to share this one...

Recently, on one of the forums I frequent, I saw a post about this ebook. While I don't often buy books sight unseen, I thought this one was just too cheap and the potential too vast to pass up.

While the title, Offline Goldmine, is kinda cheesy, it is packed with good information about building a business. The author is very matter of fact, very practical, and very down to earth. Here's a snippet:

Here's your first big secret to consulting. You must resolve yourself to the understanding that your main function is to actually help people. Sure, the money is great but it won't last long unless you adapt the "I'm here to help" rule.

To me, that is as golden as rules get.

But David Preston, the author, doesn't stop there. He offers page after page of very cogent advice. I highly recommend this book.

I should add, this being a blog about real estate and all, that while the book focuses on applying online marketing knowledge to an offline consulting practice, THAT'S EXACTLY WHY IT APPLIES TO REAL ESTATE INVESTING!

I wouldn't be surprised if you, as a reader of this blog, know more about marketing online than fully 99% of the people in the real estate world -- including realtors, mortgage lenders, and especially contractors and your every day part-time real estate investors!

Talk about a WIDE OPEN MARKET!

Get it here -- Offline Goldmine

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!



Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Madelyn said...

Hi,

Real estate industry is a great career field for investing.

A great way to get into these markets right now is to start your own company or work independently and charge lower rates than the average for your particular area. You will get more clients because you have lower rates, and that quantity of people is where you will make your money.